ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[board-09georegionswg]

[board-09georegionswg] Charter Revision Version 4.5 and Welcome To New WG members

  • To: "board-09georegionswg@xxxxxxxxx" <board-09georegionswg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [board-09georegionswg] Charter Revision Version 4.5 and Welcome To New WG members
  • From: Robert Hoggarth <robert.hoggarth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 20:31:37 -0700

Dear Working Group Members:

Pursuant to discussions during your Monday meeting, I have prepared one final
version of the proposed Working Group Charter Document - version 4.5 for your
review. You may recall that during the call the Working Group (WG) agreed that
any final adjustments to the publication schedule for the Initial WG Report be
decided by the WG in Sydney.

To reflect that decision, I modified the dates in Section 5 of the charter to
provide some flexibility for you.  I deleted references to specific dates
regarding publication of the Initial Report and just used the months of July
and August as placeholders.  I also extended the minimum time frame for public
comments on the Initial Report to 35 days to be consistent with comment time
frame for the Interim Report. I also made a final housekeeping edit to reflect
that agreement on the Final WG Report would be from participating SOs and ACs.
That is consistent with the theme of the other edits suggested by the Board to
be more broad and general in listing WG participants.

The attached version 4.5 shows all the previous participation edits inspired by
the Board over the last two months.  I included them all so that our new
working group members would have an opportunity to see the history of the edits
suggested by Board members. I plan to share  a clean version of the revised
charter version with the Board and it is now on track for approval by the Board
(again) at the Sydney meeting.  My deadline for submitting the charter document
is Monday the 8th, so please let me know as soon as possible if you do not like
any of the last revisions I've described for Section 5.

Finally,  please join me in welcoming Adiel Akplogan from AFRINIC and Paul
Wilson  from APNIC as new members of the Working Group.. They have both been
added to the WG email list and as editors to the WIKI workspace.

Best regards,

Rob Hoggarth