ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[board-09georegionswg]

[board-09georegionswg] Current Drafts and Meeting in Sydney

  • To: "'board-09georegionswg@xxxxxxxxx'" <board-09georegionswg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [board-09georegionswg] Current Drafts and Meeting in Sydney
  • From: David Archbold <david.archbold@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 12:04:44 -0500

Dear All,

I attach for your review the current drafts of the skeleton Initial Report,
plus the three tables to which it refers.  I hope these will give you a better
idea of how I see the "Issues" section developing - I believe they should
capture all the matters/concerns which we should take into account in our
subsequent work.  You will see that I have NOT grouped these under the same
Categories as the "Uses" tables.  I don't believe this is a major issue at this
stage as the tables are doing different things.  As far as the "Uses" are
concerned, we may find that there are common approaches (i.e. solutions) that
can be applied all items in one Category (but which are different to those
applied to other Categories).  "Issues" are different in that they try to
express views and concerns that we will have to take into account when
developing solutions across the board.

Sorry if I haven't expressed that very well.  I'll try to do better when we
meet in Sydney.  Please remember our meeting is on Monday 22 Jun, 700AM local
time, "Function 4" Room.  Please try to be prompt as we have quite a lot to
cover.

Kind regards,

Dave

David A Archbold
Managing Director
Information & Communications Technology Authority
david.archbold@xxxxxxx<mailto:david.archbold@xxxxxxx>
www.icta.ky<http://www.icta.ky>