ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[board-09georegionswg]

[board-09georegionswg] ICANN Geographic Regions Review Working Group - Next Phase, Interim Report

  • To: "board-09georegionswg@xxxxxxxxx" <board-09georegionswg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [board-09georegionswg] ICANN Geographic Regions Review Working Group - Next Phase, Interim Report
  • From: Robert Hoggarth <robert.hoggarth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 07:54:17 -0700

Dear Working Group Members;

I hope that all is going well with you in your individual endeavors.  Now that
the community has had an opportunity for feedback on the Working Group's
Initial Report (
http://www.icann.org/en/topics/geographic-regions/initial-report-geo-regions-review-wg-31jul09-en.pdf),
 its time to discuss and develop your plans for the Interim Report of the
Working Group.

The comment period did not provide a lot of community guidance (community
feedback on the Initial Report was limited to a single comment; see -
http://forum.icann.org/lists/geo-regions-review/msg00001.html) so Dave Archbold
has taken the laboring oar of developing an initial outline/draft document of
the Interim Report for your discussion. The plan is to have a document for your
review prior to that call to get the discussion started.

We'd like to schedule a call for the group to discuss the direction and
publication schedule for that next phase and Gisella Gruber-White will be
circulating a Doodle Scheduling Poll shortly to check your availability for a
call late this week or early next week.  As usual, we will look to schedule a
time that is available to the most working group members and assure that a
representative of each supporting organization or advisory committee is
initially available for the call time.

Looking forward to talking with you all soon!

Best regards,

Rob Hoggarth