ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[board-09georegionswg]

[board-09georegionswg] Teleconference - Monday Oct 4

  • To: "'board-09georegionswg@xxxxxxxxx'" <board-09georegionswg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [board-09georegionswg] Teleconference - Monday Oct 4
  • From: David Archbold <david.archbold@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2009 11:06:40 -0500

Dear All,

Firstly, an apology from me.  I have been so swamped by my primary job that I
wasn't even sure I'd make it to Seoul.  Fortunately, I can now confirm that I
will be there, but I have had to neglect ICANN for quite a while.

Rob has been good enough to suggest the following agenda for tomorrow, and I
agree that is a good structure for our discussions.  We have got a very rough
outline for our next report and I going to try to expand it later today and
circulate it prior to or discussions - so please check your email before you
dial in tomorrow.

Speak to you then,

Kind regards,

Dave

David A Archbold
Managing Director
Information & Communications Technology Authority
david.archbold@xxxxxxx<mailto:david.archbold@xxxxxxx>
www.icta.ky<http://www.icta.ky>

DRAFT AGENDA

I.  WG Reset:
A.  Summarize Initial Report Effort  (recap of goals and intent an framework of
document)
B.  Discuss Community Reaction/feedback (if any)(feedback from WG members as to
whether they had any dialogue in their communities.  Was lack of comments in
forum a product of assent, apathy or "wait and see" ?

II.  Next Steps:
A.  Discuss direction of Interim Report  (review charter expectations)
B.   Discuss methodology for prep of Interim Report  (how do WG members want to
proceed?  React to drafts?  Break up into drafting teams?)
C.   Discuss prep/publication schedule for Interim Report  (goal for completion
- is Seoul still realistic? ) and potential timetable for different drafting
steps.