ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[board-09georegionswg]

[board-09georegionswg] Seoul Scheduling: Link for Poll "Geo Region Review Working Group Seoul Meeting #2"

  • To: "board-09georegionswg@xxxxxxxxx" <board-09georegionswg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [board-09georegionswg] Seoul Scheduling: Link for Poll "Geo Region Review Working Group Seoul Meeting #2"
  • From: Robert Hoggarth <robert.hoggarth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2009 21:49:51 -0700

Dear Working Group Members;

During your last meeting call it was decided to try to set up a second meeting
during Seoul week to make substantive progress on the Interim Report document.
Now that the Seoul meeting schedule is almost completely stable, I have set up
a Doodle Scheduling Poll to get your feedback on prospective 90-minute meeting
blocks on Thursday and Friday of Seoul week that seem to present the fewest
conflicts for WG members.

You can access the scheduling poll at this link -
http://www.doodle.com/i7b4imm9bwgwdx8y (it is also reproduced in the forwarded
message below).

Unfortunately, with the exception of the Friday 1400-1530 time, each of the
proposed blocks clashes with at least one other public event or individual
meeting (but based on WG member advice I studiously tried to avoid meeting
times that were too late or too early in the day).  Please feel free to suggest
other potential time blocks during which you might be able to meet in the
"comments" section at the bottom of the poll web page when you are filling out
the poll.

I'll process all poll entries submitted by Thursday COB - local Seoul time -
and announce a meeting time that meets the WG's criteria of only selecting
meeting times during which at least one representative of each organizational
structure says they can be present.

In the worst case scenario, if we can't find a time before then, you can all
try to identify a second meeting time during your first meeting that week -
Tuesday, 27 October from 700 to 800 (local Seoul time) in the Charlotte Room.

On a separate note, I have been working with Cheryl Langdon-Orr and my
colleague Heidi Ullrich on putting together the draft community survey that
Cheryl suggested during the last WG call and hope to have something to
circulate to you all before you start your travels to Seoul. Cheryl has been
quite committed to the effort. Any delays in the drafting process are mine
alone.

Finally, remember that you can also still provide any additional thoughts on
the latest version of the draft Interim Report document directly to Dave
Archbold.

Looking forward to seeing you all in Seoul!

Cheers,

Rob Hoggarth