ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[board-09georegionswg]

[board-09georegionswg] Geographic Regions Review Working Group - Next Steps

  • To: "board-09georegionswg@xxxxxxxxx" <board-09georegionswg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [board-09georegionswg] Geographic Regions Review Working Group - Next Steps
  • From: Robert Hoggarth <robert.hoggarth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 21:16:35 -0800

Dear Geographic Regions Working Group Members:

I trust you have all enjoyed a productive start to the new year!

After consulting with David Archbold about next steps for the working group,
attached please find draft version 5 of the survey document that was circulated
to you all after the Seoul meeting.  The draft incorporates the one addition
that Olga suggested. Consistent with your previous discussions and in
preparation for getting the survey in distribution form, I need to have it
translated into all six standard UN languages.  As a result I need to receive
any final comments or edits by the end of this upcoming weekend. If there are
no further changes, the attached version will be the official final survey form
master that is used for translation.  Following the typical translation
timetable, the survey should be available for circulation in advance of the
Nairobi meeting so that you will be able to distribute it to your respective
communities and perhaps have some substantive results to discuss in Nairobi.

Dave has authorized me to pursue setting aside some tentative meeting time and
space in Nairobi and I am working with our meetings team on that this week.

Shortly, Gisella Gruber-White will be circulating a Doodle Scheduling poll to
al of you to see if a time can be scheduled some time next week or early the
following week for you all to discuss next steps, your potential Nairobi
meeting agenda and progress on the Interim Report effort.

I look forward to renewing discussions with you and hope to see many of you in
Nairobi.

Warm regards,

Rob Hoggarth