ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[cac-prop-supp-rules]

Against CAC Proposals

  • To: cac-prop-supp-rules@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Against CAC Proposals
  • From: Rex Wickham <rex@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2009 11:14:14 +0000

Dear ICANN,

I strongly feel that the suggested amendments by the Czech Arbitration
Court (CAC) should go through a full ICANN review process.

They are planning on making major changes to the way domain disputes are
handled and attempting to do this in a somewhat non-transparent way.

I believe that this proposal is without doubt a de facto change in the
UDRP Policy and Rules and should therefore be investigated further.

Although this comment section is on the CAC proposal only, I understand
the WIPO are proposing a similar change in UDRP procedure and I think
this also should be halted whilst the ramifications of such a change for
domain registrants and other ICANN stakeholders are considered.

Yours,

Rex Wickham

The above are my personal views and not necessarily those of my employer.

--
www.wickham.eu/blog