ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[ccnso-nominations]

[ccnso-nominations] ccNSO Nomination acceptance

  • To: ccnso-nominations@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [ccnso-nominations] ccNSO Nomination acceptance
  • From: HiroHOTTA <hotta@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 13:31:11 +0900
  • Sender: owner-ccnso-nominations@xxxxxxxxx

1. Region for which nomination is being accepted
   Asia/Australia/Pacific

2a. Full name of nominee
    Hirofumi Hotta

2b. E-mail address of nominee
    hotta@xxxxxxxxxx

2c. Snail mail address of nominee
    Fuundo Bldg 3F 1-2 Kanda-Ogawamachi, Chiyoda-ku,
    Tokyo 101-0052 Japan

3. The ccTLD and the region in which the nominee resides
   .jp, Asia/Australia/Pacific

4. The statement: "I accept nomination for election to the ccNSO Council"
   I accept nomination for election to the ccNSO Council.

5. A Curriculum Vitae about the Nominee (500 words) (Voluntary information)

   Hirofumi Hotta is the director of Japan Registry Service Co.,
   Ltd. (JPRS, http://jprs.jp/en/), the sponsoring organization
   responsible for the management and administration of .jp top-level
   domain.

   While Mr. Hotta worked for NTT he was Chairman of Asia & Pacific
   Internet Association during 2000-2001. Since 1999, he had been a
   member of ISPCP Constituency and had been one of Names Council
   members of ICANN Domain Name Supporting Organization for 2
   years. Then he moved to JPRS and now is a member of Launching Group
   of ccNSO.

   He was one of the start-up members of JPRS, which is a .JP registry
   from 2001. He has been responsible for business planning including
   IDN and ENUM. As to ENUM, he was a member of ICANN IDN registry
   implementation committee and an Executive Board member of Japanese
   Domain Name Association (JDNA). As to IDN he is Vice-chairman of
   ENUM Trial Japan (ETJP).

6. A campaign or election statement of ideas, intent, reasons to serve on
the ccNSO Council (500 words)(Voluntary information)

   I have been involved in ICANN activities almost from the
   beginning. I was one of the founders of ISPCP constituency of
   DNSO. As any organization would experience hardships when they are
   building its basis, ISPCP was not an exception. I, with my
   colleagues, cracking the nuts and cutting a way, turned the small
   baby organization into a well-organized constituency.

   I understand what is expected about excellent Council member is
   that s/he would realize whole interests of ccNSO Members. I'll do
   my best to hear and analyze various views and act bravely. As one
   of the people who have expertise in ccTLD policy and operation in
   the Asia world, where the culture is very diverse, I would like to
   contribute to the whole Internet community.