ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[cctc-draft-advice-letter]

comments

  • To: cctc-draft-advice-letter@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: comments
  • From: Alejandro Moscol <amoscol@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 09:49:17 -0500

Dear all,
In section “Measures of consumer choice” (pag. 9), I have some
comments about the proposals:

Measures: "Registry website should clearly disclose benefits and
restrictions" and "Registrars websites should clearly disclose gTLD
benefits and restrictions in the terms & conditions for each
respective TLD they offer":

- The information about benefits and restrictions should be visible
and easily locatable in websites.
- The sources to audit could be extended and include additionally the
webpages, other sources like general clauses included in contracts (in
case it is possible).

Measure: "gTLD registry benefits and restrictions should be clear and
understandable to registrants and users":

- It could be difficult to asses the "plain language". I suggest that
Registry and Registrar could implement models of clauses with
information about gTLD registry benefits and restrictions, elaborated
by themselves (for example,  in a region or by languages) or proposed
by other entities (for example, ICANN, if it is possible) . This could
facilitate to asses the measure.

Best regards,

Alejandro Moscol (individual/fellow 43 ICANN)