ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[com-renewal]

contract with Verisign

  • To: com-renewal@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: contract with Verisign
  • From: Kurt <ki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 09:21:05 -0400

Hi,

I would like to express my view that the contract with Verisign should not be renewed if it includes price increases over four of the next six years. I find it hard to believe that any increase (and certainly not 4 in 6 years) is needed considering the reduction in data storage prices and server costs over the last 5-10 years. With todays technology (both hardware and software) any efficiently managed and run company could provide this service at the current prices for many years to come and still make a nice profit! Have you put it out to other companies asking what they would need to charge to provide the same service?

Thanks,
Kurt Irmiter

CEO - Festival Network Online
<http://www.festivalnet.com/>festivalnet<http://www.festivalnet.com/>.com