ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-atrt2-02apr13]

Registries Stakeholder Group (RySG) Interim Statement on ATRT2 Survey

  • To: "comments-atrt2-02apr13@xxxxxxxxx" <comments-atrt2-02apr13@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Registries Stakeholder Group (RySG) Interim Statement on ATRT2 Survey
  • From: "Drazek, Keith" <kdrazek@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 May 2013 16:26:00 +0000

Dear ICANN and ATRT2 Members:

The RySG believes that the ATRT2 survey shows that the group is asking great
questions and is headed in a very useful direction, but the very broad extent
of the questions and their critical importance to the review of the ICANN model
demand much more time than has been made available, even with the extension of
time granted.  If responding to the ATRT2 survey was the only task that the
RySG and other groups had to do, it might still require more time, but
considering that there are other major, time sensitive activities going on
right now related to the implementation of new gTLDs (e.g., GAC Advice,
finalizing registry & registrar agreements, completing requirements for the
TMCH, etc.), we need to request more time.

We strongly believe that the ATRT2 would benefit greatly from well thought out
and detailed responses to the questions it has asked and we look forward to
submitting our comments in the near future.

Sincerely,

Keith Drazek
RySG Chair

“This message (including any attachments) is intended only for the use of the
individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that
is non-public, proprietary, privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure
under applicable law or may be constituted as attorney work product. If you are
not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use,
prohibited. If you have received this message in error, notify sender
immediately and delete this message immediately.”