ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-atrt2-02apr13]

Spam and other criminal internet gangs

  • To: <comments-atrt2-02apr13@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Spam and other criminal internet gangs
  • From: "Ulf Lindroth" <ulind@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 May 2013 21:29:41 -0400

I receive daily spam, which I always trace and report. I find that much of it
is similar, meaning the same spammers, and much comes from recognized ISPs,
whether as a source of the spam or hosting the spammers. Needless to say many
of these are from Eastern Europe or Russia (or the usual rubbish from Nigeria)
which I don’t bother to report to their ISPs, since that will only increase my
spam, but sadly many are also hosted by USA based ISPs who have no doubt been
hacked but nevertheless show there incompetence, and since ICANN doesn’t do
anything noticeable, the traffic continues.

Since I can detect spam in a second, it seems ridiculous that ISPs can’t do the
same even before I receive anything. I smell money involved.

Sincerely,
Ulf Lindroth
Florida, USA