ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-atrt2-recommendations-21oct13]

Ombudsman's lack of response to complains from Internet Users

  • To: comments-atrt2-recommendations-21oct13@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Ombudsman's lack of response to complains from Internet Users
  • From: Alan Edwards <kae@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2014 00:25:55 -0500

Accountability and Transparency Review Team,

I personally sent documented complaints to the Ombudsman but it was not
investigated and the Ombudsman did not respond to the complaint or any of the
specific issues that I cited. The role of the Ombudsman needs to be reviewed
because it does not represent the concerns of the Internet user.

I fully support the comments provided by Garth Bruen which are listed in the
following link:
http://forum.icann.org/lists/comments-atrt2-recommendations-21oct13/msg00009.html

I deal with the results of these forged domain records and the lack of ICANN's
enforcement daily and I'm very tired of the refusal of ICANN to do its job.  If
ICANN is not going to do it's job, then it needs to be removed as the manager
of the information and a new body put in place that will do the work.

Apparently, the ombudsman is just as indolent as ICANN is in carrying out his
duties.

Alan Edwards