ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-base-agreement-05feb13]

<<< Chronological Index >>>        Thread Index >>>

Comment on the PIC process

  • To: "comments-base-agreement-05feb13@xxxxxxxxx" <comments-base-agreement-05feb13@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Comment on the PIC process
  • From: Sarah Walden <Sarah.Walden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 12:54:08 +0000

Nominet UK is the applicant for gTLD strings .Wales (application number :
1-1105-18383 ) and .Cymru (application number: 1-1105-16488). We would like to
confirm that we have correctly understood the Public Interest Commitment
process set out in Specification 11 of the draft New gTLD Registry Agreement of
5 February 2013.

Our understanding is that the inclusion of Public Interest Commitments (PICs)
in Specification 11 of the registry agreement by an applicant is voluntary.
Such PICs must be submitted to ICANN by the 5th March before being published
for comment.

Is it ICANN's intention that this will be the sole opportunity for PICs to be
submitted, or is it expected that PICs may be adopted at a later stage (for
example, as part of the contract negotiation phase of the delegation process)

Kind Regards,

Sarah Walden

Sarah Walden
Senior Project Manager
www.nominet.org.uk<http://www.nominet.org.uk/>

Nominet UK is a company limited by guarantee and registered in England under
No. 3203859.
Our registered office is Minerva House, Edmund Halley Road, Oxford Science
Park, Oxford, OX4 4DQ, England.

<<< Chronological Index >>>        Thread Index >>>