ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-base-agreement-05feb13]

Public Interest Commitments

  • To: comments-base-agreement-05feb13@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Public Interest Commitments
  • From: Bram van Es <bramiozo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 14:42:51 +0100

*Dear sir/madam,*
*
*as a long term investor in domain names and web sites I would like to have
certainty about the *
*future of my idn.tdl's with regard to aliasing as it affects their
functional use and value. *
*
*
*I, and with me many others, **have invested thousands of euro's in
maintaining a portfolio of idn's over several years (some even since 2000)
during*
*which we have experienced technical incompatibilities from browsers,
registrars and search engines. Perhaps just as important as the
incompatibilities*
*were the long periods of uncertainty about the future of idn's and the
policies surrounding them.*
*
*
*Most of us stayed onboard and 13 years after the start of this project **we
again face a new uncertainty.*
*The most important and probably last piece of this puzzle is the aliasing
of the domain extensions, **which, as you may well know, may render our
idn's worthless.*
*Therefore I ask from you to p**lease request, if not require, from **the
registries that they publicly announce their plans with regard to aliasing,
given their contribution *
*pver 13 years. I hope you feel the same when I say that the many thousands
of domain owners **have a right to know.*
*
*
*Your truly,*
*