ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-bylaws-amend-compensation-02may14]

<<< Chronological Index >>>        Thread Index >>>

Re: non-voting board members compensation

  • To: comments-bylaws-amend-compensation-02may14@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: non-voting board members compensation
  • From: Seun Ojedeji <seun.ojedeji@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 May 2014 09:37:56 +0100

Hello,

First I think it's important to note that the proposed bylaw edits exceeds
board compensation alone. There is a critical section that broadens the
scope of who can become board member, in relation to language. While the
edit is fine, I think it should only take into recognition of the UN
official languages as that will be presumed to have ready made
interpreters.
On whether to compensate non-voting board members; I think it's a
reasonable thing to do however it's important to ascertain that this won't
be a double pay to the non-voting member (especially if group already has a
compensation process for such representative).

The bylaw indicates 5 non-voting members however the section 9 of the
article only indicates 4 of such non-voting members. May i know what
characterises the 5th seat?
I also don't understand the rationale for removing the GAC Rep from the
proposed compensation plan, perhaps you care to clarify this? otherwise I
think the 4 liaisons should be treated equally.

Kind Regards

sent from Google nexus 4
kindly excuse brevity and typos.

<<< Chronological Index >>>        Thread Index >>>