ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-cat-renewal-28may15]

Opposition to inclusion of URS

  • To: comments-cat-renewal-28may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Opposition to inclusion of URS
  • From: Jay Chapman <jay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2015 12:50:50 -0500

Dear ICANN:

I am writing in regard to the Proposed Renewal of .CAT Sponsored TLD
Registry Agreement issued for public comment.

I am strongly *opposed* to the inclusion of the Uniform Rapid Suspension
(URS) procedure.

Such inclusion was not the result of a consensus policy of the community,
but appears contrived via top-down, staff-driven policymaking. Such staff
action would be in direct violation of ICANN’s stated commitment to the
bottom-up, private sector led policy development process.

Therefore, the .cat renewal RA should be referred for Board
consideration only after the URS has been removed from the
agreement, along with all other provisions derived from the new gTLD RA
that are not established consensus policies applicable to incumbent gTLDs.

Sincerely,

Jay Chapman
President,
Digimedia