ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-cctld-drd-ui-policy-09sep13]

<<< Chronological Index >>>        Thread Index >>>

Comments from NA-NIC

  • To: "comments-cctld-drd-ui-policy-09sep13@xxxxxxxxx" <comments-cctld-drd-ui-policy-09sep13@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Comments from NA-NIC
  • From: Dr Eberhard W Lisse <el@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2013 11:03:40 +0200

Herewith comments from the Manager of the .NA ccTLD,  Namibian Network
Information Centre (Pty) Ltd (NA-NiC)

I am, as is Kim Davies, a member of the Framework of Interpretation Working
Group (FoI Wg) of the ccNSO, which has been working on these issues for over 2
years.

Hence it is premature, and in my view counterproductive, to consult on these
matters at this point in time, even if it is a requirement of the IANA Function
contract, and in particular in as much as it concerns policy, which can only be
developed through process of the ccNSO, and even then would only be binding on
ccNSO members.

I am disappointed that this matter has not been raised by Kim Davies in the FoI
Wg.

I wanted to raise the issue during the last 2 teleconferences but since he
could not participate in the former and I could not in the latter, I have no
choice but to use this forum because of the deadline.

I propose that no substantive, unilateral changes will be made by the IANA
Function Contractor until the FoI Wg has completed its work, and on behalf of
NA-NiC, and myself, reserve all our and my rights.

greetings, el

Sent from Dr Lisse's iPad mini

<<< Chronological Index >>>        Thread Index >>>