Opposition to Closed Domains
- To: <comments-closed-generic-05feb13@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Opposition to Closed Domains
- From: "Paul Labelle" <paul.labelle@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 15:19:56 -0500
* We support an Internet that is open and focused and has room for the
security and alarm industry.
* Generic words cannot and should not be owned for the exclusive use
of one company.
* A closed generic domain is not in the public interest.
* If ICANN permits any company to possess a "closed domain" -
including Symantec (a computer company) to use ".security" then the security
and alarm industry could be lost.
* Closed use of ".security" is not similar to the way ".com," ".net"
and ".org" are used on the Internet daily.
* Therefore, we believe a closed generic application for ".security"
is anticompetitive and we request that ICANN require applicants for closed
generic TLDs to either open the TLD or withdraw for a full refund.
705-759-8999 x 110