ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-closed-generic-05feb13]

Closed generic TLD's

  • To: <comments-closed-generic-05feb13@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Closed generic TLD's
  • From: "Lincoln Gould" <Lincoln.Gould@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2013 09:21:08 +1300

Dear ICANN

FROM BOOKSELLERS NEW ZEALAND INC.

Booksellers NZ (BSNZ) is a New Zealand incorporated society representing
the interests of more than 400 bookstores. BSNZ is a member of the
European International Booksellers Federation (EIBF) .

BSNZ holds the view that any granting of "closed generic" TLD's presents
a major risk to competition in the global marketplace. We would strongly
urge that applications not be granted when the applicant is a commercial
organisation likely to extend monopolist powers by the use of generic
TLD's such as "books".

We will also express our views to ICANN in New Zealand.

Regards

Lincoln

Lincoln Gould

Chief Executive