ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-closed-generic-05feb13]

NO CLOSED GENERICS!

  • To: comments-closed-generic-05feb13@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: NO CLOSED GENERICS!
  • From: cgarcia@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2013 09:18:14 +0100

We're moving towards, the privatisation of internet.

'Closed Generics' domains should not be sold as they involve exclusivity
and monopoly.

In the offline world is not legal to register generic brands as
'chocolate' following competition and anti-monopoly laws. Why has the
internet to be different?  Internet is a free network where a small
companies can achieve popularity without large investments, this is going
to stop being like this...
Big companies already have mass media for exclusivity advertisement as
their are only available for a few companies, leave the internet free!

Strongly disagree with 'CLOSED GENERICS'.

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to send our opinion,

Sincerely,

PLEASE VISIT US AT:
INTERNATIONAL RESTAURANT & FOODSERVICE SHOW OF NEW YORK, USA. March 3-5,
Booth 1439
INTERNORGA HAMBURG, GERMANY. March 8-13, Hall B1.EG Stand 103
Carina García
Communications Assistant
Polígono Ind. Moncada III
Calle del Molí - 2 - 46113