ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-closed-generic-05feb13]

Librería Kirikú y la bruja

  • To: "comments-closed-generic-05feb13@xxxxxxxxx" <comments-closed-generic-05feb13@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Librería Kirikú y la bruja
  • From: Ester Madroñero <estermadronero@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2013 21:01:18 +0100

Dear Sirs.

Our bookstore, Librería Kirikú y la bruja, (10 years in the book business)
strongly opposes any applications for a “closed generic” gTLD, especially if
submitted by commercial entities operating in a sector of activity related to
the closed generic gTLD.

In the case of a closed generic gTLD .book, the exclusivity granted to the
winning applicant would de facto strengthen the position of the biggest bidder
to have sole use of the gTLD in the book industry and would therefore be
anti-competitive, discourage innovation and new entrants and be detrimental to
the industry as a whole.

We are therefore asking ICANN not to offer for sale a generic gTLD for .book
and other similar words in general usage.

Yours faithfully

Librería Kirikú y la bruja

C/Rafael Salazar Alonso 17

28007 Madrid