ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-closed-generic-05feb13]

IPC Public Comment on closed generic TLDs - Request for Extension

  • To: "comments-closed-generic-05feb13@xxxxxxxxx" <comments-closed-generic-05feb13@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: IPC Public Comment on closed generic TLDs - Request for Extension
  • From: Mark Partridge <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2013 15:23:43 -0600

On behalf of the IPC, we write with regard to the public comment period on the
issue of closed generic TLDs.  We require additional time and information to
evaluate and respond to this issue within our constituency, and therefore make
the following requests:

 1.  ICANN should extend the current comment period, which is set to close on 7
March, 2013, to 21 March, 2013, to provide an opportunity for meaningful
community input as required under the Affirmation of Commitments.

 1.  ICANN must open a Reply period consistent with its standard operating
procedures. (see ICANN's public comment homepage at:
http://www.icann.org/en/news/public-comment, which states: "Each public comment
topic (opened from 1 January 2012) is subject to a Comment and a Reply
period...").

 1.  Any third-party analysis or independent research commissioned by ICANN in
association with this public comment topic should be posted for public review
and commentary.

Thank you for considering these requests regarding this important subject.

If you have any questions, please contact IPC Secretary Claudio Di Gangi at
cdigangi@xxxxxxxx<mailto:cdigangi@xxxxxxxx> or IPC Vice President, Steve
Metalitz at met@xxxxxxx<mailto:met@xxxxxxx>.