ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-closed-generic-05feb13]

Against Closed Generic TLDs in general, and against .WATCHES in particular

  • To: <comments-closed-generic-05feb13@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Against Closed Generic TLDs in general, and against .WATCHES in particular
  • From: "Info Domainoo" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2013 18:37:16 +0100

Hello,

We would like to express our objection to "closed generic" TLDs and for
.WATCHES in particular.

We think that allowing a single Registrant to have an exclusive control over
a "closed generic" TLD would award an unfair competitive advantage on this
organization to the detriment of the industry as a whole. "Closed generic"
TLDs, as they are by definition open and unrestricted in their use, should
be available for open Registries only.

In the case of a "closed generic" TLD .WATCHES, the exclusivity granted to
Richemont DNS Inc. to have sole use of the TLD in the Watch industry would
create an unfair advantage, and be detrimental to the industry as a whole.

We therefore are asking ICANN not to authorize for the sole use of a "closed
generic" TLD by the Applicant.

DOMAINOO, French Registrar