ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-draft-ccwg-accountability-proposal-30nov15]

Note from IAB about a comment from the ICANN Board

  • To: comments-draft-ccwg-accountability-proposal-30nov15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Note from IAB about a comment from the ICANN Board
  • From: IAB Chair <iab-chair@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2015 16:16:44 -0500

To the Chairs, Members, and Partipants of the ICANN CCWG-Accountability:

The Internet Architecture Board takes note of the comments from the
ICANN Board of Directors with respect to Recommendation 4 (in their
note, section IV number 1 (b) and (c)).

The IETF's relationship with ICANN for protocol parameters registries
is specified in our existing MoU and associated supplemental
agreements.  Those agreements contain service level agreements (SLAs)
between the IETF and ICANN.  That is, they measure performance rather
than specifying expenditure.  We are happy with the service we get from
ICANN under this arrangement, as we have stated, and would like to
change it as little as possible.

We do not wish to change these arrangements to one in which the IETF
has a direct voice in the budget, either regularly or on its
rejection, as we believe this would change the fundamental nature of
our relationship.  Given the other changes going on in the transition,
we believe that change to be both unnecessary and ill-timed.

Best regards,

Andrew Sullivan
for the IAB

--