ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-draft-ccwg-accountability-proposal-30nov15]

stress test 18

  • To: <comments-draft-ccwg-accountability-proposal-30nov15@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: stress test 18
  • From: "Emmanuel ADJOVI" <Emmanuel.Adjovi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2015 00:03:39 +0100

Dear all,

I would like to express my objection to CCWG –Accountability Recommendations 11
on stress text 18.  I make reservations in relation to the definition of
consensus found in the following sentence:  “Any Governmental Advisory
Committee advice approved by a full Governmental Advisory Committee consensus,
understood to mean the practice of adopting decisions by general agreement in
the absence of any formal objection, may only be rejected by a vote of
two-thirds of the Board, and the Governmental Advisory Committee and the ICANN
Board will then try, in good faith and in a timely and efficient manner, to
find a mutually acceptable solution”.

Such a definition is to confuse consensus with unanimity. That amounts to the
CCWG-Accountability to establish within the GAC universal veto.

My proposal : “Any Governmental Advisory Committee advice approved by a full
Governmental Advisory Committee consensus, understood to mean the practice of
adopting decisions by general agreement, may only be rejected by a vote of
two-thirds of the Board, and the Governmental Advisory Committee and the ICANN
Board will then try, in good faith and in a timely and efficient manner, to
find a mutually acceptable solution”.

Thanks

Emmanuel V. ADJOVI

Responsable de Programme «Société de l’information »

ORGANISATION INTERNATIONALE DE LA FRANCOPHONIE

19-21 Avenue Bosquet, 75007 – Paris

France

Tél. +33 1 44 37 32 97

adjovie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx