ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-draft-new-bylaws-21apr16]

Street Names of the United States

  • To: "comments-draft-new-bylaws-21apr16@xxxxxxxxx" <comments-draft-new-bylaws-21apr16@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Street Names of the United States
  • From: Giuseppe Deluca <safer13@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 May 2016 02:27:50 +0000

Dear ICANN,

Hi from a former Californian.
I notice that the Street names for your whois data section are simply text like
fields which allows whois data to enter in the system with streets spelled
differently than the actual known Streets of the United States. The US Postal
Service maintains an official Street name database for each US city or zip
code, etc.
As a real estate database designer myself, I know that the input fields can
easily check the Street name entered during whois data collection to insure the
information exactly matches an actual Street name for the United States. A sub
look up table will display a known Street. If the data entry attempts an
unknown Street name, the program can request a live operator to intervene to
discuss this unknown street. Also a flag can show that the possibly indicates
address uncertainty pending verifiction or pending update to the US Postal
Service Street database, also other countries etc. This will protect the United
States from so much error potential. Other countries could also do a similar
integrity function.
If your programmers are not sure how to do this, I will volunteer to assist as
a way to protect the United States data structure.

Adding a clause to the bylaws would go something like this:
If the whois US street names do not match the United States postal street name
database for the stated city or zip code, further investigation will be
necessary before including the data in a whois record. Other countries may
elect to participate in the street name integrity function. Currently countries
a,b,c,etc. participate in street name integrity via a country database of known
streets for each city or region.

Enviado desde Correo<https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> para
Windows 10