ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-draft-rzerc-charter-10jun16]

Public comment from NCSG not sent

  • To: comments-draft-rzerc-charter-10jun16@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Public comment from NCSG not sent
  • From: Marilia Maciel <mariliamaciel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2016 12:27:12 +0200

Dear ICANN staff responsible for the public comment on draft RZEC charter,

I apologize for sending you this message extemporaneously, but I am afraid
that due to a problem on the sending of the e-mail, this contribution from
NCSG did not went through to you. Our SG has given great priority to this
matter. I would like to plea you to kindly accept this contribution to the
process.

I thank you in advance for your understanding and I am available to answer
any questions you may have,

All the best wishes,

Marilia

co-chair of NCSG policy committee

Comments of the NCSG on the Draft RZERC Charter

The RZERC is a consultative committee with powers to

 - Propose architectural and operational changes to the DNS root zone (RZ).

- Engage expertise and conduct community consultations on RZ Evolution
 issues

- Consult with ICANN in the development of an RFP for RZ maintainer, and
help evaluate proposals if needed

- Initiate a public consultation process on operational and architectural
changes that might impose potential risk to the security, stability, or
resiliency of the root system

With the exception of 2 minor changes, we approve of the purpose, scope and
composition of the committee. The two changes are:

1) For the sake of clarity, and to avoid mission creep in the future, all
references to the "root zone" should be modified to say "DNS root zone."

2) The composition of the RZERC excludes end users. We recommend the
addition of one representative from the NCPH of the GNSO.