ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-name-collision-05aug13]

Illustrating the Need to Undertake Qualitative Impact Assessments for Applied-For Strings: .WEBSITE, .COFFEE, and .CLUB

  • To: "comments-name-collision-05aug13@xxxxxxxxx" <comments-name-collision-05aug13@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Illustrating the Need to Undertake Qualitative Impact Assessments for Applied-For Strings: .WEBSITE, .COFFEE, and .CLUB
  • From: "Osterweil, Eric" <eosterweil@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 22:57:14 +0000

I respectfully submit this note as an example of some preliminary analysis of
potential impacts from name collisions under appled-for strings.  Using our
candidate ``risk matrix'' methodology we have analyzed two applied-for strings
that were classified as low-risk by ICANN, and the uncalculated-risk string
.CLUB (due to recent reexamination and request for reclassification).

Thank you,

Eric Osterweil, Ph.D.
Principal Scientist
eosterweil@xxxxxxxxxxxx