ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-op-budget-fy16-18mar15]

Proposed Submission to FY16 Budget & Op Plan Public Comment

  • To: <comments-op-budget-fy16-18mar15@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Proposed Submission to FY16 Budget & Op Plan Public Comment
  • From: "Jonathan Robinson" <jrobinson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 May 2015 18:46:12 +0100

On behalf of the CWG-Stewardship, we would like to submit the attached
recommendations, specifically with regard to the costs for IANA operations.

The CWG-Stewardship is developing a proposal on the IANA Stewardship
Transition, focussed on the names related functions. As part of the CWG's
recommendations for future IANA operations, the CWG-Stewardship tasked a
subgroup (design team) to specifically look into budget-related
recommendations. This subgroup worked with ICANN CFO Xavier Calvez to
develop our recommendations. We would like to thank Xavier and his team for
working with the CWG-Stewardship on this topic.

The CWG recommendations are still in the process of being reviewed
(including through the public comment process relating to the CWG draft
proposal) but, because of the timing, the CWG believes that the draft
recommendations should be submitted to the record of the public comments
relating to FY16.

The recommendations are provided in the attached document. For further
drafts and background information on the CWG-Stewardship's work on this
topic, please see https://community.icann.org/x/2RwnAw.

Yours sincerely,

Lise Fuhr and Jonathan Robinson

Co-chairs of the CWG-Stewardship