ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

PROTECTING WHOIS PRIVACY SERVICES

  • To: "comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx" <comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: PROTECTING WHOIS PRIVACY SERVICES
  • From: Joshua <lowerfishing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2015 20:07:51 -0400

Dear ICANN –

Regarding the proposed rules governing companies that provide WHOIS privacy
services (as set forth in the Privacy and Policy Services Accreditation Issues
Policy document):

I urge you to respect internet users' rights to privacy and due process. -
Everyone deserves the right to privacy. - No one’s personal information
should be revealed without a court order, regardless of whether the request
comes from a private individual or law enforcement agency.

Private information should be kept private. Thank you.

**NOTE: If you believe that people who are not doing anything illegal have
nothing to hide, I personally urge you to go to every room in your house and
remove the blinds and/or curtains covering the windows. If you are not doing
anything illegal, than you too have nothing to hide and should have no need for
that form of privacy protection either.

With great concern,

Joshua Johnson
Early Childhood Educator