ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

Whois Privacy...

  • To: "comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx" <comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Whois Privacy...
  • From: Miss Cindy <cecleto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 01:43:58 +0000 (UTC)

Dear ICANN –

Regarding the proposed rules governing companies that provide WHOIS privacy
services (as set forth in the Privacy and Policy Services Accreditation Issues
Policy document):

I urge you to respect internet users' rights to privacy and due process.
- Everyone deserves the right to privacy.
- No one’s personal information should be revealed without a court order,
regardless of whether the request comes from a private individual or law
enforcement agency.

Have you any idea of the danger you would put people's lives in if they have to
provide their home addresses to strangers? That would mean that anyone, any
mental person or obsessed person would be able to look up my website and find
out where I live. Would you like strangers to know where you and your family
live? Being that I am able to see how many people visit my website, via my
statistics page, I can also see that there are many, many times when people try
to find out who I am via the "whois" site, for whatever reason. I don't want to
have to worry about some stranger coming to my home. I would rather not have
the domain. I object to the fact that you will be providing my personal
information without a court order. If any ill comes to me as a result of your
publishing my personal information, the liability will be yours.

Private information should be kept private. Thank you.