ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

Disagreement with proposed domain name privacy rules

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Disagreement with proposed domain name privacy rules
  • From: Andy Dunn <zman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 09:23:48 -0700

Greetings,

I'm emailing to let you know that I am against the proposal to not allow
private domain name registration. Many small businesses such as my own
operate from my home address and domain name privacy allows me to keep that
information to some extent as secret as possible. Though my line of
business is quite rare to attract crazies there are many people who do not
have that luxury.

I am fortunate that using an anonymous business mailing address would be a
possible work around but not everyone has that luxury.

So please add my voice as one of disagreement on this proposal.

The law already has plenty of ways to get this information in the case of a
criminal offense - we do not need it to be any more open

Many Thanks
Andy Dunn