ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

Concern re: ICANN changing privacy rules

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Concern re: ICANN changing privacy rules
  • From: avis.nicholas@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 22:45:10 -0400

break-word;"><div style="font-family: sans-serif; word-wrap:
sans-serif; word-wrap: break-word;"><span>I, along with many other domain
owners, uphold my privacy and expect organisations entrusted with my private
information to keep it private. I expect ICANN, in turn, to respect my right to
anonymously own a website domain. </span></div><div style="font-family:
style="font-family: sans-serif; word-wrap: break-word;"><span>I recently
learned of a proposal to share WHOIS information in certain situations.
‎Regarding the proposed rules governing companies that provide WHOIS privacy
services (as set forth in the Privacy and Policy Services Accreditation Issues
Policy document):<br><br>I urge you to respect internet users' rights to
privacy and due process. <br>- Everyone deserves the right to privacy.<br>- No
one’s personal information should be revealed without a court order, regardless
of whether the request comes from a private individual or law enforcement
agency. <br><br>To put it succinctly, private information should be kept
private. Any alteration to the Internet's privacy will greatly impact it's
democratic and social functions.<br><br>I sincerely hope that you refrain from