ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

Privacy Matters - Please don't take it away!

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx, policy-staff@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Privacy Matters - Please don't take it away!
  • From: "Marcus O. Haroldsen" <marcus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 10:40:58 -0600

To Whom it May Concern at ICANN,

I am very concerned about the possibility of private data and contact information being revealed by a policy change. Privacy should be respected and kept confidential except in the event of a court order. It is important for businesses like ours to use service that protect our privacy, reduce overhead from fraudulent contacts and eliminate unnecessary dissemination of our contact information. As the rules are considered for change in regards to Privacy and Policy Services Accreditation Issues Policy and the companies that provide these services for "WHOIS" data, we want to be clear that our plea is that the policy continues to allow privacy unless there is a court order that mandates disclosure.

Regarding the proposed rules governing companies that provide WHOIS privacy services (as set forth in the Privacy and Policy Services Accreditation Issues Policy document):

Thank you for taking the time to read my email and our issue with the matter.

Thanks,

Marcus O. Haroldsen