ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

ICANN - Please Respect WHOIS Privacy

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: ICANN - Please Respect WHOIS Privacy
  • From: Scott Tucker <stucker@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2015 07:54:19 -0500

To ICANN:

I am concerned about the proposed rules that may prohibit companies from
providing WHOIS privacy services like those I now enjoy from my internet
service provider (from your Privacy and Policy Services Accreditation Issues
Policy).

I am disappointed with the possibility that my personal information could be
exposed to the public, including spammers and identity thieves. Everyone is
entitled to privacy.  No one should have their personal information disclosed
or revealed without a court order.

Please respect internet users' rights to privacy and due process.

Thank you,
--Scott Tucker