ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

Protection of WHOIS information

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Protection of WHOIS information
  • From: Johannes Krampf <johannes.krampf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2015 16:34:18 +0200

Dear ICANN,

I was made aware of a proposed policy [1] that would force privacy services to disclose the WHOIS information for domain holders of sites with commercial activity. This policy would not require due process to reveal sensitive information such as my home address.

I understand that there are valid reasons for requesting more information about a domain holder. This request should, however, require a judicial order in all cases.

My telephone number is not public and can not be disclosed without a court order. My domain should provide me with the same protection.

Thank you.

[1] "Initial Report on the Privacy & Proxy Services Accreditation Issues
Policy Development Process"