ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

Comments regarding Privacy & Proxy Services Accredidation Working Group

  • To: "comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx" <comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Comments regarding Privacy & Proxy Services Accredidation Working Group
  • From: Eli Bierman <eli@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2015 15:51:17 -0400

To whom it may concern,

I'm writing to express my public concern with the issues in this working group.
In order for free speech to have anywhere to speak, there must be a channel of
communication that does not, by definition, compromise the privacy pr safety of
that individual or organization. The proposed changes to enforce practices that
inherently preclude anonymity, inject a layer of danger into the act of voicing
a controversial idea on an ICANN accredited domain, a large part of the
internet.

I believe that the ability for small businesses to use independent privacy and
proxy services is vital for the viability for small business owners to protect
their individual privacy.

I believe that privacy and proxy providers should only have to hand over
private information if shown a court order for that information.

Thank you for listening and responding to public input,

Eli Bierman