ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

Please make domain registration public again.

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Please make domain registration public again.
  • From: j.j.swarm@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2015 17:45:40 -0400

{  font-family: "Calibri","Slate Pro","sans-serif"; color:#262626 }</style>
ICANN may weaken proxy registrar's ability to hide‎ the true owners of top
level domains. PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN. The whois system has been crippled in
the last decade due almost entirely to proxy registrar systems. I am no longer
able to count on a standardized technology to get the information I might want
nightmare for ICANN. I cannot blame the body for failing to educate those who
wish to register‎ TLD's: the proxy registrar companies who directly sell their
services to these individuals have a responsibility to inform their customers
of the responsibilities of TLD ownership. They have failed in that regard, and
the backlash online, in my opinion, is due to ignorance on the part of those
hope that you are able to enact the proposed policy, and that you are able to
bring some level of educational guidance on this