ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

ICANN Privacy Changes

  • To: "comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx" <comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: ICANN Privacy Changes
  • From: Cordell George Bloor <cgbloor@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2015 21:31:03 +0000

Dear ICANN:

I am concerned by the recent changes proposed relating to WHOIS privacy. As the
owner of a handful of domains for personal and professional use, I feel that
people deserve the right to privacy. We need strategies for dealing with
problem domains without having real contact information because bad actors are
going to use false or useless information anyways.

Fundamentally, I'm not even sure WHOIS really needs to exist. Pushing it harder
is not the right move.

Sincerely,

Cory Bloor