ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

ICANN - Brian Foley Says Respect Our Privacy

  • To: "comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx" <comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: ICANN - Brian Foley Says Respect Our Privacy
  • From: Brian Foley <bfoley@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2015 18:34:02 +0000

Dear ICANN -

Regarding the proposed rules governing companies that provide WHOIS privacy
services (as set forth in the Privacy and Policy Services Accreditation Issues
Policy document):

I urge you to respect internet users' rights to privacy and due process.
- Everyone deserves the right to privacy.
- No one's personal information should be revealed without a court order,
regardless of whether the request comes from a private individual or law
enforcement agency.

This would be a big mistake, as for YEARS I have received bogus calls and
emails from people trying to steak our domain, or have it transferred to
another registrar. They obtain the information they use to attempt this, from
the WHOIS database. Why on earth would you want to make this type of
information available to the public, or more importantly to the criminals out
there waiting to take advantage of less technical people?

Private information should be kept private. Thank you.

[cid:inficon.png]<http://www.infrastructureengineers.com>

Brian Foley
IT Manager
Infrastructure Engineers, Inc.
Phone: +1.888.451.6822 x2011
Mobile: +1.407.230.4246
Email: bfoley@xxxxxxxxxx<mailto:bfoley@xxxxxxxxxx>
Need to share files with me? Click
here.<https://nix.infrastructureengineers.com/UserWeb/Transfers/PersonalTransfer.aspx?personal=bfoley%40go-iei.com>

This email and any attachments are intended only for the recipient(s) to whom
this email is addressed and may contain confidential or proprietary
information. If you are not a named recipient, you are hereby notified that you
are not permitted to read, print, disseminate, distribute, copy, or otherwise
use this email or any attachments. If you have received this email in error,
please notify the sender by replying to this email and permanently delete the
original and any copy of this email and any attachment.

PNG image