ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

ICANN - Pranav Lal Says Respect Our Privacy

  • To: <comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: ICANN - Pranav Lal Says Respect Our Privacy
  • From: "Pranav Lal" <pranav.lal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 20:06:21 +0530

Dear ICANN -

I am writing regarding the proposed rules governing companies that provide WHOIS
privacy services (as set forth in the Privacy and Policy Services Accreditation
Issues Policy document):

I urge you to respect internet users' rights to privacy and due process.
- Everyone deserves the right to privacy.
- No one's personal information should be revealed without a court order,
regardless of whether the request comes from a private individual or law
enforcement agency. If the rules are enforced in their current form, individuals
and small business owners at least will incur risks the least of which would be
an exponential increase in spam and the worse would be threats to life and
liberty.

Private information should be kept private. Thank you.