ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

iCANN - Respect Our Privacy

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: iCANN - Respect Our Privacy
  • From: Terina Adams <aspenjlee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2015 09:22:56 +0800

Dear ICANN –

Regarding the proposed rules governing companies that provide WHOIS privacy
services (as set forth in the Privacy and Policy Services Accreditation Issues
Policy document):

I urge you to respect internet users' rights to privacy and due process.
- Everyone deserves the right to privacy.
- No one’s personal information should be revealed without a court order,
regardless of whether the request comes from a private individual or law
enforcement agency.

If I have a complaint with a business I do not expect to receive the private
details of the owners. I would use the public contact information, but would
not in any way wish to connect these people direct at their private numbers and
definitely not visit their homes to register a complete. If you chose to open
up private details then you will be exposing people to potential harassment or
worse. I am an author who writes under a pen name, i do not want fans stalking
me at my home or connecting my private number. I have a right to privacy.

In every other sense private information is treated with the strictest of
confidence. I think this decision is completely unfair or professional.

Private information should be kept private. Thank you.

Aspen J Lee writing with a little spice
website <http://www.aspenjlee.com/> I Blog <http://www.aspenjleeauthor.com/> I
Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/pages/Aspenjlee/1521352168114372?ref=hl> I
Twitter <https://twitter.com/aspenjlee/with_replies>