ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

It's also about safety. I shouldn't fear my website visitors.

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: It's also about safety. I shouldn't fear my website visitors.
  • From: Candice Carter <candice.carter.cc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2015 14:40:21 -0400

I'm a single female and live alone. I don't want my personal address
available to every pervert/troll/angered citizen that wants it after
visiting my small website. Seemingly innocent topics, like vegan cooking,
can spark outage in certain individuals.

It's not only about my privacy, it's about my own personal safety. Safety
online is critically important, especially during this time of identity
theft, online crimes, and random crazy people who set out to destroy a
"target's" life because their racist comment got deleted.

Thank you.