ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

ICANN - Respect Our Privacy

  • To: "" <comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: ICANN - Respect Our Privacy
  • From: "Jt Hollister" <telfiregames@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2015 15:13:25 -0600

Excuse me, ICANN,
Who do you think you are?
Do you think you own the Internet? You do not.
Do you think you have a right to the personal information of those who use the
Internet? You do not.

The proposed rules governing companies that provide WHOIS privacy services, per
the Privacy and Policy Services Accreditation Issues Policy document, are
absolutely unacceptable.

I demand that you respect Internet users' rights to privacy and due process.
You simply do not have the authority to publicize every site owner's personal
information. Attempting to assert that authority will result in an all-out
campaign against you for holding the Internet hostage.