ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

ICANN - Michael Fitzpatrick Says Respect Our Privacy

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: ICANN - Michael Fitzpatrick Says Respect Our Privacy
  • From: Michael Fitzpatrick-Ruth <admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2015 22:57:12 -0400

Dear ICANN –

Regarding the proposed rules governing companies that provide WHOIS privacy
services (as set forth in the Privacy and Policy Services Accreditation
Issues Policy document):

I urge you to respect internet users' rights to privacy and due process.

- Everyone deserves the right to privacy.

- No one’s personal information should be revealed without a court order,
regardless of whether the request comes from a private individual or law
enforcement agency.

I along with many people have dot com and other domains that may appear to
be commercial in nature by name along but are personal in nature and by
address. There's plenty of freelancers and people learning the web that
don't have a physical business address and don't want their private
residence listed online for all to see. Please don't violate our privacy,
or force us to drop long standing domains to keep our private information
private.