ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

ICANN - Rodrigo Yáñez Says Respect Our Privacy

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: ICANN - Rodrigo Yáñez Says Respect Our Privacy
  • From: Rodrigo <comefrutas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2015 23:51:39 -0500

To ICANN –

Online harassment is a real thing, there are plenty of people (including young
woman and young mothers) that have been harassed and their addresses made
public against their will, making it easy for online "trolls" to make serious
threats to them (e.g. to murder or rape them or their children) using their
addresses as part of their threats. Needless to say, this sort of threat causes
a huge stress on the people receiving them, regardless of how serious the
people making the threats are.

Obviously making it easy for anybody to get an address just because someone has
a small business going on, would just tremendously help this sort of people and
send us years backwards on the fight against online harassment.

Please consider that as a big point against this new policy.

Doxing (making someone’s private information public against their will) is a
horrible thing, if you implement this, you  would effectively be doxing
thousands and thousands of people at once, many of them easy targets to online
trolls that would no doubt abuse this information.

Please Stop This.

THANKS!