ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

Save Domain Privacy

  • To: "comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx" <comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Save Domain Privacy
  • From: Vincent Chan <vincent_chan_2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2015 11:39:41 +0100

Hello,
My name is Vincent Chan. I object to the any release of personal information
without a court order. I already get enough correspondence coming in from the
post from marketers and people/companies that think I would be interested in
their services or think I should join them for the love of some charitable
cause because they have my number and address. Spam is not just a online thing
it is also offline as well - in the form of more junk mail than ever (average
of 3 pieces a day), nuisance calls (average of 4 a day) and salespeople (at
least twice a week) who happen to be conveniently in the area. As for my inbox
there is even more rubbish in there that the spam filter has trouble sifting
what is legitimate from the rubbish that isn't. All of these sources never say
where they get my contact information from but its off some database, or an
accident. (The amount of times it happens just can't be so accidental.)
Clearly there has been some release of personal data somewhere and people and
companies are just trying their luck with a very random database. I have to
spend time weeding through what is good and what is a waste of time. It has
never been quite so bad.
Yours faithfullyVincent Chan