ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

Respect our privacy. Don't expose WHOIS data.

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Respect our privacy. Don't expose WHOIS data.
  • From: K Bauer <kira.bauer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2015 16:31:32 +0100

Dear ICANN,

I am the owner of a custom domain pointed at my *personal *blog, *not *a
business site. I use a WHOIS privacy service to keep my registered address
safe, predominantly for peace of mind.

With regards to the proposed rules governing companies that provide WHOIS
privacy services (as set forth in the Privacy and Policy Services
Accreditation Issues Policy document):

I urge you to respect internet users' rights to *privacy *and *due process*.
- Everyone deserves the right to privacy.
- No one’s personal information should be revealed without a court order,
regardless of whether the request comes from a private individual or law
enforcement agency.

Private information should be kept private. *Please do the right thing by
us*.

Kind regards,
Kira Bauer