ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

Please Retain Domain Privacy

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Please Retain Domain Privacy
  • From: Hermitsoul <hermitsoul@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2015 09:38:16 -0700

I have actually reviewed the PDF document outlining the proposal to limit
domain privacy.

I believe this would be disastrous to small business owners, in particular
women in business, many of whom may be subject to harrassment, threats, and
violence. It is only through domain privacy that I am able to operate my
small businesses in safety and security.

There are already consumer protections in place providing for release of
domain name ownership when there is reasonable concern about fraud or abuse.

Thank you,
Laurie Heikkenen